La Victoria Lab is looking for a Head of Technology who will help us create and scale Intercorp’s new ecosystem of digital products, as well as transform our legacy of technology platforms into modern, Internet-era technology stacks.
- You will develop internal capabilities at La Victoria Lab to build and nurture digital services, with a special focus on rapid prototyping and implementation of early stage products.
- You will guide CEOs and CTOs of Intercorp companies in seamlessly migrating from legacy applications to modern environments and services.
- You will design tech standards across Intercorp companies, and create a robust community of Internet-era tech leaders across the Intercorp portfolio.
- You will explore the latest trends and tools related to emerging technologies and practices to be applied within Intercorp’s ecosystem.
- You are extremely comfortable with ambiguity and in fast-changing environments
- You are confident in your point of view, but open to new perspectives.
- You are highly sensitive to the user experience.
- You are driven to continuously learn, measure, iterate.
- You are skilled in analytics and quantitative methods.
- You are a great communicator, fluent in both Spanish and English.
- You have at least five years of experience in creating and scaling digital services for millions of users.
- You have vast experience working within iterative development practices and methodologies, such as Agile, Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- You have proven experience in recruiting and leading teams of developers, architects, and engineers – preferably with a background as an internet-era software developer.
- You have strong software development and application architecture experience, with good knowledge of open-source technologies, testing, and at least one programming language.
- You have knowledge of architecture models and design principles and their application to consumer-facing digital businesses, and are fully conversant with AWS, Azure, continuous deployment, DevOps.
- You have experience migrating data and applications from legacy, proprietary technology environments, including negotiating with large tech vendors.
- You have highly developed communications skills and are comfortable speaking to different audiences and stakeholders, whether corporate leaders or technical communities of practice.
- You are aware of the issues that emerge from scaling software applications, such as security, efficiency, and reliability.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A mission-driven organization. Intercorp is intently focused on a single ambitious goal: to create the next generation of modern services for Peru’s middle-class families.
- A tangible impact. While most innovation consultants struggle to see a fraction of their work reach the market, we are gratified to see most of our work being used by real people, because of a single reason: innovation at Intercorp is strongly sponsored by our top shareholders.
- A learning springboard. Our teams work across a wide portfolio of industries, but we also learn from best-in-class partners and inspirational trips all around the planet.
- A culture of autonomy. We cultivate a virtuous circle of trust and empowerment, which begins with our extremely rigorous hiring process.
- A sense of family. We only work with folks who have huge hearts and a great sense of humor.
ABOUT LA VICTORIA LAB
Founded in 2014, La Victoria Lab is the innovation lab of the Intercorp group, where we reimagine and rethink the future of our companies and the experiences we provide to our users. We work in partnership with IDEO, the world's leading design and innovation consultancy firm, to create new products and services based on people's needs.
Intercorp is Peru’s largest conglomerate group, spanning a portfolio of 34 companies across a diverse array of sectors, including financial services, retail, entertainment, hospitality, healthcare, and education, all aiming to serve Peru’s middle-class families. All together, Intercorp employs more than 80,000 Peruvians, accounts for 3% of the country’s GDP, and has managed to achieve all of this in just two decades.