“Intercorp operates with a single ambitious goal: to create a strong economic backbone to sustain Peru’s burgeoning middle class.”
–– Fortune magazine
La Victoria Lab is a small multidisciplinary group of creatives who use human-centered innovation to improve the lives of Peruvian families. Partnering with design consultancy IDEO, we help Intercorp – Peru's largest business conglomerate – to reshape its companies and rethink their future.
In today’s fast-changing world, the Organizational Designer plays a key role in our innovation journey by guiding whole teams and companies to evolve and grow through human-centered design. You will work as a member of La Victoria Lab to help achieve bold and meaningful change by designing, testing and evolving strategies and solutions that build creative capabilities within organizations. You will design and support other innovation labs, connect La Victoria Lab with the larger Intercorp community, and help shape La Victoria Lab’s perspective on organizational design when it comes to unleashing the potential of leaders and teams at digital-era companies.
- You have a passion for utilizing design thinking to design for change.
- You can design and implement solutions within organizations, including aspects such as culture, roles, responsibilities, and structures.
- You can advise C-level execs how to use an entrepreneurial management mindset to transform their culture and drive long-term growth.
- You enjoy developing experimental approaches and tools to test new ways of working within an organization.
- You can assess an organization’s readiness for change, including a systems view of people, process, and technology.
- You can create a compelling strategic narrative and communication plan to build stakeholder awareness, understanding, and adoption of new initiatives.
- You can break down large-scale change into a series of small acts that add up to new behaviors and opportunities.
- You can design and facilitate workshops and experiences to help leaders and their people define new ways of working for themselves.
- You have a degree in Organizational Development, Psychology, Human Resources, Change Management, or equivalent (but you don’t mind crossing disciplinary boundaries).
- You have worked in a traditional – and ideally dysfunctional – organization that will help you empathize with the challenges of evolving a legacy organization.
- You have at least 5 years of professional work experience in organizational design and strategic experience (either in-house or as a consultant).
- You are able to discuss and defend your ideas fluently in both Spanish and English (English is the official language of La Victoria Lab, since we work with IDEO designers all year long).
WHAT WE OFFER
- A mission-driven organization. Intercorp is intently focused on a single ambitious dream: to create the next generation of modern services for Peru’s middle-class families.
- A tangible impact. While most innovation consultants struggle to see a fraction of their work reach the market, we are gratified to see almost all our designs being used by real people, because of a single reason: innovation at Intercorp is strongly sponsored by our shareholders.
- A learning springboard. Our teams work across a wide portfolio of industries – which is probably our greatest asset for continuous learning – but we also learn from conferences and inspirational trips all around the planet, as well as from best-in-class partners such as IDEO.
- A culture of autonomy. We cultivate a virtuous circle of trust and empowerment, which begins with our extremely rigorous hiring process.
- A sense of family. We only work with folks who have huge hearts and a great sense of humor.
ABOUT LA VICTORIA LAB
La Victoria Lab is the innovation lab of the Intercorp group, where we reimagine and rethink the future of our companies and the experiences we provide to our users. We started in 2014 and we work in partnership with IDEO, the world's leading design and innovation consultancy firm, to create new products and services based on people's needs.
Intercorp is Peru’s largest economic group, spanning a portfolio of 33 companies across a diverse array of sectors, including financial services, retail, entertainment, hospitality, healthcare, and education, all aiming to serve Peru’s middle-class families. All together, Intercorp employs over 60,000 Peruvians, accounting for more than 2.7% of the country’s GDP, and it has managed to achieve all of this in just two decades.